Porridge with peanut butter, walnuts and honey

I love porridge. It has to be sweet, I can’t be bothered with the savoury version and certainly not for breakfast. Fruit is my first choice but sometimes I like to add nuts, seeds or raisins. Today I chose some peanut butter and walnuts, for a change. The sky is grey and I needed a big hug in a bowl before doing the school run. It worked!

I have recently started cooking my porridge overnight in a 1 litre slow cooker but I’m yet to master the whole process so the recipe for that will come later (hopefully...). It’s still a bit of a hit and miss! Normally it’s edible (apart from the first one) but it’s not perfect (yet). 



Serves 3 people

1 cup of porridge oats
2 cups of milk of your choice (I used semi skimmed)
1 cup of water (or milk, down to preference)
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp honey
A handful of walnuts

1. Put the porridge oats in a pot with milk and water and slowly bring to the boil. Stir continuously. 

2. Once it starts boiling, turn the heat down and leave to simmer until the oats absorb all the liquid. Stir continuously. 

3. When the oats are ready take the pot off the heat and stir peanut butter and honey. The amount of both is entirely up to you and your taste buds! Taste before you add more. 

4. Crumble walnuts on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment