Leek and potato soup

Mmmm, soups... I love homemade soups! Especially those thick and creamy ones that look like you’ll need a few bowls of them but you actually feel rather full just after one. I love the fact (and of course it applies to all cooking) that I’m in complete control over what goes in it - the good stuff and the bad (not that I use that much of the bad but sometimes convenience becomes a priority - I’m a family cook that has to balance nutrition and the content of my purse). 

Today I’m sharing a recipe for leek and potato soup, a very quick and simple dish which can easily become a dinner in its own right if you decide to add some bread or some cubes potatoes to it. I know that probably everyone has their own recipe for it but there might be some first time cook who needs a bit of help!





For 4

1 tsp rapeseed oil
2 leeks (approx. 400g), sliced
400g potatoes, diced any way you want - it’ll all get blended
1l vegetable stock
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat the rapeseed oil in the pan. 

2. Add the leeks and let them sweat for a couple of minutes or until they become soft but not brown. 

3. Add the potatoes and the stock. Let it all cook, on medium heat, for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. 

4. Add the Worcestershire sauce and cook for another couple of minutes. 

5.  Take off the heat and let it cool down before blending it. I’ll be honest - I don’t often do that and blend it when it’s hot which result in me burning my skin. So please, do as I say, not as I do!

4. Once you’ve blended the soup and are ready to eat heat it up again and add salt and pepper to taste. 

5. Smacznego!

No comments:

Post a Comment