Banana, chocolate and cinnamon muffins

This recipe was born out necessity - I had a bunch of tired looking bananas and had to something with them quickly. And hey presto - the muffins were born! I also think that autumn and winter were made for baking and I think it's my duty to bake as much as I can. The nip in the air, the smell of a cake coming from the oven are enchanting to me when I sit comfortably sipping tea and waiting for my timer to ping. And then the anticipation - did it come out right? What about taste? I can't wait to get a piece and squirrel it away to munch on it. Simple things make me happy.




Out of this amount you should get about 12 - 14 muffins.



  • 400g plain flour
  • 3tsp baking powder
  • 1tsp salt
  • 200g golden caster sugar
  • 2 eggs (room temperature)
  • 250ml milk (room temperature)
  • 125ml rapeseed oil
  • 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
  • 3tsp cinnamon (or as much as you like)
  • half a jar of chocolate spread.

1. Pre-heat the oven to 170C.

2. Mix the eggs, milk, oil and sugar in a bowl.

3. Add sifted flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.

4. Add bananas, cinnamon and chocolate.

5. Spoon into muffin moulds.

6. Bake for about 25 minutes - or until the skewer comes out clean.

7. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment